Sweet Potato Cheddar Bites
On game day, instead of dipping into a bag of chips, try these yummy sweet potato cheddar bites. Each bite is packed with flavor and nutrition. Creamy avocado, crunchy bacon, and spicy jalapeño make a low-calorie, high-nutrition finger food everyone will love.
- Calories: 55
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 7 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced sweet potatoes, cumin, paprika, olive oil, and salt. Toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- In another bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, garlic powder, and cilantro.
- On a serving platter, arrange the roasted sweet potato slices.
- Top each slice with a dollop of smashed avocado, tomato slice, cheddar, bacon, jalapeño, and scallions.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Subscribe for Updates
Get stories & health tips every week