Sweet Potato Cheddar Bites
On game day, instead of dipping into a bag of chips, try these yummy sweet potato cheddar bites. Each bite is packed with flavor and nutrition. Creamy avocado, crunchy bacon, and spicy jalapeño make a low-calorie, high-nutrition finger food everyone will love.
- Calories: 55
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 7 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced sweet potatoes, cumin, paprika, olive oil, and salt. Toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- In another bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, garlic powder, and cilantro.
- On a serving platter, arrange the roasted sweet potato slices.
- Top each slice with a dollop of smashed avocado, tomato slice, cheddar, bacon, jalapeño, and scallions.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.