This low-calorie turkey stuffing is a quick and easy recipe for Thanksgiving or any time you want to dress up a poultry dish. The woodsy flavor of sage gives the stuffing a delicious flavor.
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or turkey broth
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Layer bread cubes on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss toasted bread cubes (reserve 1/4 cup for topping later) with vegetable mixture.
- Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer stuffing mixture to a casserole dish and top with reserved 1/4 cup bread cubes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until golden.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Subscribe for Updates
Get stories & health tips every week