These healthy Rice Krispies treats are made with creamy peanut butter. Turn them into a healthy Valentine snack by cutting out heart-shaped treats. No one will miss the marshmallows!
- 6 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- Lightly coat an 11 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Krispies and raisins. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, honey and margarine and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies mixture. Stir to coat the cereal and raisins. Using your hands, press mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, covered.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 16 treats. Keep Rice Krispies hearts refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Tagsdiabetic, gluten free, heart-healthy, vegetarian
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.