Vegetarian Quinoa Wraps
- Serving Size: 2 wraps
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 214mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 can (15.5 oz) low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 large collard green or Swiss chard leaves, steamed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Tbsp medium-heat salsa
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the peppers, scallions and chili powder; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice; cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, black bean mixture, corn, the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice, cumin, cilantro, black pepper and salt.
- On a flat surface, spread the collard green leaves. With a sharp knife, cut down the leaves to remove the rib, leaving 2 halves of each leaf.
- Evenly distribute quinoa filling and cheese among the cut leaves, lining the filling down the middle. Fold up, envelope style, to enclose filling.
- Serve topped with salsa and avocado for garnish.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.