White Bean and Kale Soup
Beans and kale are nutritious powerhouses, packed with protein and fiber. This hearty white bean and kale soup can be made in 30 minutes and is perfect for a chilly night.
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 qt low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems discarded and leaves sliced
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the white beans, vegetable broth, 2 cups water, tomatoes, oregano, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese before serving.
Copyright 2021 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.