Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups
Lasagna doesn’t have to be forbidden food in your healthy diet. These delicious low-carb zucchini lasagna roll-ups substitute lasagna noodles with healthy zucchini strips.
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- 3 large zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced into 1/8-inch thick long strips
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- On a baking sheet lined with paper towels, arrange the zucchini strips. Sprinkle salt on the zucchini slices and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Dab the strips with a paper towel to and roll up. Refrigerate the zucchini roll-ups overnight. Drain the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In an 9- x 9-inch glass baking dish, pour 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper to taste, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, and basil. Add the cooked ground turkey mixture and stir.
- On a baking sheet, arrange the unrolled zucchini strips in a single layer. Line each zucchini strip with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the turkey mixture. Roll up the zucchini strips. Arrange the rolls, standing upright, in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup marinara sauce over the roll-ups and top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.