Blog Stories You Might Have Missed
From organ donation to poetry, we covered a lot!
This month, in honor of National Donate Life Month, we:
- Went behind the scenes of the organ transplant process: Revealing how an organ moves from one body to another as well as a personal glimpse into what it’s like to be an organ transplant surgeon.
- Told the story of a mother whose lung transplant saved her life.
- Explained why we’re happy to be part of the paired donor exchange program.
- Told you about research that’s looking to someday grow organs for people who need them.
- Introduced you to lung transplant doctor Max Weder.
April is also National Poetry Month. So we held a poetry contest, asking for health-related poems, and announced our winners yesterday. We’ll publish our winning poems right here on Fridays for the next several weeks.
Other highlights this month: